Middlesex College is nationally recognized for providing a comfortable environment for military veterans to further their education and assist with a transition back to civilian life.
The Gold Standard of Military Friendly Institutions
Middlesex College was placed in the Military Friendly Gold tier by G.I. Jobs magazine in 2022. The College was ranked No. 5 in the Top 10 of large public two-year colleges and is the only two-year New Jersey school to be recognized with the distinction.
The College’s Veterans Services Center. located inside the West Hall building on the College’s main campus. The center’s staff helps veteran students:
- Manage their education benefits
- Explore vocations and select a suitable major / career
- Elect healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration
- Access, understand and apply for VA benefits (e.g., Disability Compensation, Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty, and Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Get referrals for medical and mental health care
- Get referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible Veterans and their families
- Coordinate with school faculty/staff to provide Veteran-specific services (e.g., VA Certifying Official, Career Center, Student Disabilities Services, Counseling Center)
- Find job placement assistance and coordinate with Local Veterans’ Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Programs (DVOP)
- Locate community and other resources
From Start to Finish
We have a host of programs, including peer support, tutoring and programs to help veterans transition back to civilian life.
“Even when COVID was at its height, I could count on Middlesex College, and specifically Veterans Services in West Hall, to always ensure that my school experience was going flawlessly and according to plan.”
Melvin D. Rodas ’22 Transferred to Rutgers
Get Started at Middlesex College
Learn how to apply to the College, apply for VA education benefits and financial aid, and more.
How to Enroll