The Advertising Graphic Design - Media Arts and Design program allows students to explore and gain skills in a variety of areas – web design, graphic design, advertising and photography.
In this program, students combine computer-linked commercial photography and commercial art with business and general education. The program emphasizes hands-on experience in the laboratory or studio to develop both creative ability and the mechanical skills essential to business-oriented art and photography careers.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Utilize contemporary methods, design practices, materials, and tools to produce compelling creative statements for use in the field of commercial visual communication.
- Develop and demonstrate conceptual and critical thinking in creating and implementing visual design solutions.
- Identify and understand major art and design movements, their historic, cultural, and social basis, and their influence on traditional and modern design practices.
- Produce a contemporary portfolio demonstrating a professional level of conceptual and artistic design skills.
- Acquire the skills to access, and to effectively position themselves in, the graphic design profession.
Students must demonstrate Algebra I competency before taking courses in the major. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College’s placement test or by completing the appropriate class.