This certificate of achievement will equip individuals who run small businesses with services to sell and people with stories to share with the necessary skills to publish useful, attractive, and quality webpages.
In the 21st century marketplace of ideas, goods and services, knowing how to publish text, pictures, sound, and even video over the internet has become an essential part of 21st century communications.
Graduates of the Program will be able to:
- Apply problem solving techniques to develop programs of moderate complexity using the object- oriented paradigm and the appropriate data structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of database concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to program in CGI.
- Demonstrate the ability to write Unix shell programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to create interactive web pages.
The certificate of achievement is designed for those students with at least two years of college level education, including ENG-121 English Composition I. Algebra I is a prerequisite for all majors. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College’s placement test or completion of the appropriate course. Students must have completed or CSC-105 or CSC-107 or MCT-101 or demonstrated equivalent proficiency before beginning this certificate.